Your right to privacy is important to Semtech Corporation ("Semtech," "us" or "we"). This policy explains how we intend to handle any personal information we obtain from you through this or any other website we operate. Personal information is (1) information that enables us to identify you, including your name, address, telephone and facsimile numbers and email address, and (2) other information you provide such as your customer, subcontractor, project or program, design freeze date, or resume data.
Collection of Personal Information
- When you visit our site and request information, sharing your personal information is strictly voluntary. However, in order to access certain features of our website, request information or complete transactions, you may be prompted for personal information. If you choose not to provide personal information when requested, you will not be able to obtain the particular services, information or benefits that require such disclosure.
- When you visit our website, we may also collect certain electronic information that cannot be associated with you personally, such as the domains from which you came immediately prior to visiting our site, the number of visitors to our site, browsing patterns and areas of interest on our site. We may collect this data in order to help us improve our site, products and better serve our customers, job applicants, and others who visit the site. Because such information may not be used to identify you, it is not subject to the remaining provisions of this policy.
Use of Personal Information
- Providing us with your personal information makes it easier for us to make our website relevant to you, communicate with you, assist you in making a purchase of our products or in the job application process, comply with any requests for our information and materials, and allow you access to certain limited-entry areas of our site.
- Under certain circumstances, we may provide your personal information to third parties for the purpose of delivering our goods or services to you and for other purposes related to your use of our products or your interest in securing employment with Semtech. For example, we may provide such information to our designated customer support providers, authorized sales representatives, authorized distributors, shipping companies, or recruiters. We will only provide those third parties the information they need to perform the contemplated service. Aside from the foregoing, we will not provide any of your personal information to other companies or individuals without your permission, unless required by law or for the other legal purposes described below.
- The personal information you provide us may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which we or any affiliates conduct operations. By submitting such information, you consent to the transfer of such information outside your home country.
- We reserve the right to send you announcements relating to Semtech or our goods or services, which may contain important information about such goods or services. You will be unable to unsubscribe to such announcements that relate to technical service, security or similar issues associated with the goods or services you have purchased or requested.
Disclosures Required by Law and Investigations
- We reserve the right to disclose your personal information in order to comply with any subpoenas, court orders or other legal process, to establish or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims.
- A cookie is a text file that a website transfers to your computer's hard drive for record-keeping purposes and to enhance the quality of your visit to the website. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer.
- Web beacons, also known as clear gif technology or action tags, may be used to assist in delivering cookies on our site. This technology tells us how many visitors clicked on key elements (such as links or graphics) on a particular web page. We do not use this technology to access your personal information, but we do use it to compile aggregated statistics about usage of our website. We may share aggregated site statistics with marketing partners but do not allow unaffiliated companies to place clear gifs on our sites.
- Keeping your personal information as secure as possible is an important responsibility to us. We safeguard personal information based on established industry standards and procedures. Technological measures are in place to protect against loss, misuse or alteration of information that we may collect from you at our site.
No Liabilities for Acts of Third Parties
- Although we will use reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of the personal information you submit, transmissions made by means of the Internet cannot be made absolutely secure. We will have no liability for disclosure of information and data you submit to us due to errors in transmission, unauthorized acts of third parties or through the use of third party cookies, programs, routines, viruses or other devices on your computer or any other computer.
- Once you leave our site, including by clicking on any links on our site, you will be subject to the privacy policies of third party website operators and other companies which may differ significantly from this policy. We encourage you to be aware of when you leave our site and to read the privacy policies of each website that collects information from or about you.